EnPrizee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EnPrizee

After Prizee removed the English forum there was only one way - to create a new one.

EnglishRomanianHomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Treasures Hunt (The Quest)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
adu1010
Grand Master Supreme
Grand Master Supreme
adu1010

Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 30 Oct 2010, 12:40

Answers part 1 :

1.Wind power has been used as long as humans have put sails into the wind. For more than two millennia wind-powered machines have ground grain and pumped water. Wind power was widely available and not confined to the banks of fast-flowing streams, or later, requiring sources of fuel. Wind-powered pumps drained the polders of the Netherlands. In arid regions such as the American mid-west or the Australian outback, wind pumps provided water for live stock and steam engines.

With the development of electric power, wind power found new applications in lighting buildings remote from centrally-generated power. Throughout the 20th century parallel paths developed distributed small wind plants suitable for farms or residences, and larger utility-scale wind generators that could be connected to electricity grids for remote use of power. Today wind powered generators operate at every size between tiny plants for battery charging at isolated residences, up to multi-megawatt wind farms that provide electricity to national electrical networks.

2. Wind is the flow of gases on a large scale. On Earth, wind consists of the bulk movement of air. In outer space, solar wind is the movement of gases or charged particles from the sun through space, while planetary wind is the outgassing of light chemical elements from a planet's atmosphere into space. Winds are commonly classified by their spatial scale, their speed, the types of forces that cause them, the regions in which they occur, and their effect. The strongest observed winds on a planet in our solar system occur on Neptune and Saturn.

In meteorology, winds are often referred to according to their strength, and the direction from which the wind is blowing. Short bursts of high speed wind are termed gusts. Strong winds of intermediate duration (around one minute) are termed squalls. Long-duration winds have various names associated with their average strength, such as breeze, gale, storm, hurricane, and typhoon. Wind occurs on a range of scales, from thunderstorm flows lasting tens of minutes, to local breezes generated by heating of land surfaces and lasting a few hours, to global winds resulting from the difference in absorption of solar energy between the climate zones on Earth. The two main causes of large scale atmospheric circulation are the differential heating between the equator and the poles, and the rotation of the planet (Coriolis effect). Within the tropics, thermal low circulations over terrain and high plateaus can drive monsoon circulations. In coastal areas the sea breeze/land breeze cycle can define local winds; in areas that have variable terrain, mountain and valley breezes can dominate local winds.

3.Wind power is the conversion of wind energy into a useful form of energy, such as using wind turbines to make electricity, wind mills for mechanical power, wind pumps for pumping water or drainage, or sails to propel ships.

4. Utilities must maintain enough power plant capacity to meet expected customer electricity demand at all times, plus an additional reserve margin. All other things being equal, utilities generally prefer plants that can generate as needed (that is, conventional plants) to plants that cannot (such as wind plants).

However, despite the fact that the wind is variable and sometimes does not blow at all, wind plants do increase the overall statistical probability that a utility system will be able to meet demand requirements. A rough rule of thumb is that the capacity value of adding a wind plant to a utility system is about the same as the wind plant's capacity factor multiplied by its capacity. Thus, a 100-megawatt wind plant with a capacity factor of 35% would be similar in capacity value to a 35-MW conventional generator. For example, in 2001 the Colorado Public Utility Commission found the capacity value of a proposed 162-MW wind plant in eastern Colorado (with a 30% capacity factor) to be approximately 48 MW.

5. Major hurricane .

Part 2 :

Here is .... wind cheers

Answer part 3 :

The wind

Smile
Back to top Go down
Khot1
Diamond 2
Diamond 2
Khot1

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 30 Oct 2010, 20:04

Well, now congrats Adrian... Smile Very Happy

You have found the second Emerald:

Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 2pyxf9c The Emerald of Thoth

Congrats... I'll do the update Smile

Diamond 2
Diamond 2
Khot1

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 30 Oct 2010, 20:34

The first post is updated. Very Happy
Check it out, also check out the information on Thoth, the newest unlocked Egyptian God Smile

Also the Amulet is updated, it now has 2 Emeralds unlocked... It looks pretty cool, doesn't it ???

And I'll be waiting for more of you next weekend right here in this post...
Be on the lookout Smile

Enjoy Wink

Diamond 2
Diamond 2
Khot1

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 06 Nov 2010, 11:05

Ok, Ladies and gentlemen... Smile

Time for the 3-rd Treasure Hunt of this Quest Very Happy

This time I require you to find 4 Ankh Coins. There are 4 Ankh Coins hidden within this forum Smile
Like so:
- Bronze Ankh Coin
- Silver Ankh Coin
- Gold Ankh Coin
- Platinum Ankh Coin

Now there-s a catch...
You wouldn't think this is going to be so easy as just finding some coins would you ??? affraid

Only the Bronze and Silver ankh Coins are in plain sight... The Gold and Platinum Ankh Coins are very, very well hidden.
However the Bronze and Silver Ankh Coins, once you find them you'll discover that they contain "clues" and/or hints to the location of the other 2 harder to find coins. Are you smart enough to figure this out... ??? Very Happy Smile

If the coins are not found by later today I'll give you some hints on what to do, but if you're smart enough you'll figure this out easy Smile

The first player to tell me the location of all the 4 Ankh Coins will unlock the 3-rd Emerald for the Amulet. Smile
Leave your answers in this post, and GOOD LUCK !!! cheers

Grand Master Supreme
Grand Master Supreme
adu1010

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 06 Nov 2010, 11:09

Last edited by adu1010 on Sat 06 Nov 2010, 11:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Khot1
Diamond 2
Diamond 2
Khot1

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 06 Nov 2010, 11:16

So Far Adrian you've found only the Silver and Gold Ankh Coins. The3-rd thing you posted is actually a Hint to lead you to another Coin...

Diamond 2
Diamond 2
Khot1

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 06 Nov 2010, 11:16

And you actually have to tell me the location of the Coins Wink Very Happy

Grand Master Supreme
Grand Master Supreme
adu1010

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 06 Nov 2010, 12:39

Back to top Go down
Khot1
Diamond 2
Diamond 2
Khot1

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 06 Nov 2010, 16:04

Yes, you're right I forgot to post the Bronze one.. .Sorry... Anyway good job Adrian Smile Very Happy
You've won.. .I'll update the Amulet Smile

Grand Master Supreme
Grand Master Supreme
adu1010

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 06 Nov 2010, 16:44

Thank you very much Daniel !! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Khot1
Diamond 2
Diamond 2
Khot1

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 13 Nov 2010, 18:58

Hey guys... Important message below...

Yeah, sorry for no Treasure Hunt today, I had a crap tone of stuff to do, and I literally just arrived home right now and I'm really tired... So yeah... Sorry, as they say "Close but no cigar"...

I'll do it next weekend, or perhaps tomorrow if you all have the time to be here, we'll set a specific hour for you to be here.
If not tomorrow I'll do it next weekend, it's up to you. So.. yeah... Very Happy

I'm going to sleep right now because I'm really tired. We'll talk more Smile

Platinum 2
Platinum 2
Robs999

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 13 Nov 2010, 22:51

Tomorrow is fine for me!
Back to top Go down
http://speles1.wordpress.lv/
adu1010
Grand Master Supreme
Grand Master Supreme
adu1010

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 14 Nov 2010, 00:05

No problem Daniel . Wink
Back to top Go down
Khot1
Diamond 2
Diamond 2
Khot1

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 21 Nov 2010, 10:54

And, now for the Next Gems Quest:

This time I will require you all to get 10 Treasures. They are hidden, of course, within this Forum.
First one to find them all will unlock the next Emerald for the Amulet...
Now get to it, and good luck Smile !!!

Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 23kxmybTreasures Found: 10/10

All Found by Robs999

Last edited by Khot1 on Sun 21 Nov 2010, 17:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Robs999
Platinum 2
Platinum 2
Robs999

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 21 Nov 2010, 13:05

Ok, I'm gonna keep on editing this post when I find new ones.

First
Second
Third
Fourth
Fifth
Sixth
Seventh
Eighth
Nineth
Tenth

I found them all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
adu1010
Grand Master Supreme
Grand Master Supreme
adu1010

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 21 Nov 2010, 14:59

Congratulations Robert !! Smile
Back to top Go down
Khot1
Diamond 2
Diamond 2
Khot1

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 21 Nov 2010, 17:22

Hey, congrats Robert... Smile Very Happy

I'll upload all the info and you have unlocked:

Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Axcso4 The Purple Gem of Horus !!!

cheers affraid cheers

Diamond 2
Diamond 2
Khot1

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 21 Nov 2010, 17:31

Ok, the update is done. Go check the first post, and you can read some more about Horus as well as the other Egyptian Gods that have been unlocked.

And I'll see you all here next Sunday for another Emerald's Quest !!!

Rolling Eyes Khot1 here... cheers

Platinum 2
Platinum 2
Robs999

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 21 Nov 2010, 18:03

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
ROXX
Platinum 2
Platinum 2
ROXX

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon 22 Nov 2010, 00:00

Good work, guys! Very Happy santa
cat
Back to top Go down
Khot1
Diamond 2
Diamond 2
Khot1

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 04 Dec 2010, 12:34

And now for another Emerald Quest Smile Very Happy

Here it is:

Here is a small test to gauge your mental flexibility, creativity and animal cunning. The only rules are, no books, no group effort, and no cheating: Here are a group of words that can be pronounced by only two, three, four or five letters from the alphabet. Good Luck. Tell me the answers below.

Example:
Word: EASY.
Answer: EZ

FIND TWO LETTERS FOR THESE WORDS...

CAGEY.

DECAY.

EMPTY.

ENVY.

EXCESS.

FIND THREE LETTERS FOR THESE WORDS...

ENVIOUS.

DEVIOUS.

ENEMY.

ODIOUS.

FIND FOUR LETTERS FOR THESE WORDS...

ANEMONE.

ARCADIAN.

EXCELLENCY.

FIND FIVE LETTERS FOR THESE WORDS...

EXPEDIENCY.

OBEDIENCY.

So, tell me, how can these words be pronounced in 2, 3, 4 and respectively 5 letters ?
Tell me the letters for each word below.
First player to get at least 90% of them correct will unlock and win the next Emerald...

With that being said... GOOD LUCK... Or... GD LK

Grand Master Supreme
Grand Master Supreme
adu1010

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat 04 Dec 2010, 16:31

cagey - kg
decay - dk
empty - mt
envy - nv
excess - xs

envious - nvo
devious - dvo
enemy - nme
odious - odo

anemone - nmon
arcadian - rkdn
excellency - xlnc

expediency - xpdnc
obediency - obdnc

Back to top Go down
Khot1
Diamond 2
Diamond 2
Khot1

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 05 Dec 2010, 12:34

Wow... Ok... Congrats Adrian... that's 100% correct. Well, can't say it was a HARD quizz, but none the less you do require to know a crap tone of English language to be able to do (or say) what you did Smile Very Happy

You've won and unlocked:

The Orange Gem of Sekhmet
Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 2w21ylv

Diamond 2
Diamond 2
Khot1

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 05 Dec 2010, 12:39

The update is done... Go to the first post and read more on Sekhmet, the new unlocked God... Smile Very Happy
Plus, check out the updated Emerald Amulet Smile Very Happy

Enjoy... And I'll see you all next weekend here for another Quest Smile Very Happy
Later lads and ladies...

Grand Master Supreme
Grand Master Supreme
adu1010

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun 05 Dec 2010, 13:47

Thank you very much Daniel . Very Happy Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Treasures Hunt (The Quest)   Treasures Hunt (The Quest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Treasures Hunt (The Quest)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next